Friday, May 1, 2009

Surgery

As many of you might remember- when Carson was about 4 mos old the drs discussed him needing surgery to rebuild his tubule that holds his testicle. Well... the time has come and we are going to send our little guy into surgery on May 19th. He also has a hernia in the same area- so the surgery will consist of fixing the hernia, reconstructing the tubule, and circumcision revision (because it was NOT done right). Our poor little bubba's man parts are a mess :)

Think lots of happy thoughts and send prayers our way on the 19th- I am REALLY nervous!! Today at the dr's office I was getting my blood drawn and I burst into tears talking to the nurse about it! (OK, some of the emotion is crazy pregnancy emotion) I really wish at a time like this that I did not work in the healthcare industry and was not exposed to the things that could happen. I have such empathy for parents whose children spend so much time in and out of the hospital- I feel so blessed that we have not had to deal with this on a greater level!!

2 comments:

The Hansens said...

Oh, Carson! We will definitely be thinking of him and lots of prayers. Everything will be okay, although it is scary now. He is a trooper!

kristy said...

Ok, it's the 21st... how did he do? You are all in our thoughts and prayers. And, PS you are pregnant??!? So excited for you. What are you having, do you know? We sure miss you. Hopefully one of these days we can see each other again. And you can meet my THREE kids. And I can meet your TWO. Seriously, how did this all happen SO fast?!? Seems like yesterday we were playing Atari at Grandma Welker's house and getting ice cream at the Tastee Treat.