Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Our first trip to the emergency room :(

** this picture is for Gran's computer**

So, as everybody knows by now, I am a nurse at a local emergency room and I see all sorts of mothers and children and I am sorry to say that most of the time I judge the moms for being too protective of their children when they are sick. I even had an experience where a mom cried when I was taking her baby's temp... well, I have officially been on the other end of the spectrum. On Saturday night around 11pm Carson started crying in bed and I sent Steve in for a "binky run" and poor Carson had thrown up all over his crib. After 4 hours of vomiting I made the executive decision to take him to the ER (where I happen to work). When we walked through the door at the ER (@ 3am) Carson was back to his happy self playing patty-cake with the other nurses and flashing smiles to everyone. I looked like the paranoid mother who freaks out when her child has any ache or pain :) Thankfully, Carson feels better, after a few bouts of diarrhea and not eating too well- he's almost back to normal!!




I have been sooo terribly busy and stressed lately that I actually sent out Carson's b-day invites with the wrong date on them... OOPS! So, Carson's b-day party is Saturday, April 5th (not the 6th). The funny thing about is that I created the invites TWICE because the first batch Carson had red eye and looked like a little devil. Well, that is how our week has been, hope everyone is doing well!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

It's always different when it's your own child. I'm glad he was okay. And don't feel too bad, I think most moms have overreacted a time or two.

Meichelle said...

I hate when Grace is sick. She had that too a couple of weeks ago. It makes you hurt to see your baby sick. Especially when they are throwing up. Its heartbreaking.

kristy said...

oh tiffy, i'm so sorry to hear that carson got so sick, poor little boy... and i am just like you and when i'd give injections to babies used to think, "ok, it's not that bad" until MY baby got his immunizations, then i cried! it really is awful... and, i cannot believe carson is almost one!!! what?!? goes by way way too fast... we miss you. i have about a month left... getting induced on may 1st... crazy.