Monday, August 11, 2008

Urology update

Well, Carson had an appt today and not so good news... his testicle is "trapped" and has to be surgically fixed. The dr wanted to go ahead and schedule the surgery for the end of the month because it increases Carson's chances for normal sperm production and testosterone production... but the anesthesia risks decrease after the age of 2, so we decided to wait until then. Who needs testosterone anyways?? :)
On a serious level, I am already having butterflies in my stomach about the surgery. I have seen one too many "medical mistake" videos in my line of work!!
I am definately counting my blessings though because we have two sets of friends who's children are battling leukemia and bonemarrow transplants :( This is small potatos compared to that!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the surgery. It doesn't matter how minor or major it is, you will be a nervous wreck until it is over with. You guys will be in my prayers.

Meichelle said...

I am so sorry. I hope that everything goes okay. Like erin said, you will be in our prayers too!